The Rhode Island Latino Books Award (RILBA) Committee is seeking new members to serve a 2-year term beginning September 2023. Each year, the RILBA committee selects the nominees for grades kindergarten through 12th for the award. Rhode Island students are encouraged to read from the booklist and vote for their favorite book.
For more information, please visit: http://www.rilatinoarts.org/LatinoBooksMonth.html
- Be a Public Youth Services Librarian in Rhode Island, a School Librarian or Educator/Teacher.
- Commit to read 5 to 10 books each month, for nine months, including chapter books, picture books, graphic novels, etc.
- Have experience working with school-age children or teens.
- Have an interest in children’s or teen literature, or both.
- Starting in September 2023 and through May 2025, commit to attend virtual meetings on the first Monday of every month, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
About the Rhode Island Latino Books Award
The Rhode Island Latino Books Award is a program of Rhode Island Latino Arts (RILA). Now in its ninth year, RILBA promotes the love of reading among Latino young people through the celebration of Latino authors, illustrators, and books that highlight Latino culture and Latin American identity. Through this year-long celebration, RILA encourages librarians, teachers, educators and booksellers to promote books written by and for Latinos, and we encourage all Rhode Islanders to read books in both English and Spanish and written by Latino authors and illustrators.
Please feel free to contact Maria at email@example.com with any questions.