**Joint Student Members are full members of both associations.**
Membership benefits From ALA
- ALA Student Portal offering access to valuable information and student resources
- Access to ALA scholarships, grants, awards, and travel opportunities
- Student ALDirect, the e-newsletter specifically focused on news and information for students, delivered bi-monthly
- ALDirect, the industry leader for news affecting the future of the profession, delivered weekly via email
- American Libraries, the ALA magazine (a $70 subscription included in dues), 6 issues
- Substantial discounts on ALA and Divisional Conferences and 10% members-only discounts on ALA publications and graphics
Membership Benefits From RILA
- A subscription to the RILA Bulletin, which features articles on library news, issues, and developments in Rhode Island and surrounding New England library communities.
- A subscription to the RILA LISTSERV, through which members can carry out discussions and share ideas, questions, and concerns with other RILA members.
- A discounted registration fee for the RILA Annual Conference, which educates and motivates members by presenting speakers, discussions, and workshops on diverse topics.
- Voting rights
- The opportunity to become active on RILA Committees, which address a variety of library-related issues and concerns.
- Networking: The chance to interact with others who have similar interests and concerns about libraries, and meet notable librarians, information and media specialists, educators, and authors.